So, Gentle Reader, hot on the heels of the Etiquette & Espionage ARC give away I have yet another one for you! At the end of this month, Nov. 20 (we hope), Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2 (the graphic novel version of Changeless) comes out in print.
In honor of this exciting event, I have a first prize goodie box of manga related items to give away, as well as five signed copies of Soulless Vol. 1 to get you ready for Vol. 2. The six lucky winners will be selected by random number generation. And I'm going back to my old favorite . . . the write a review contest.
The first prize goodie box includes but it not limited to: exotic tea, octopodes, some of the last of the original Soulless release swag, Japanese toys, a signed copy of the first manga, a Ruby Blackbird Limited edition origami pineapple reticule, and, excitingly enough, signed copies of Soulless, Changeless, and Blameless translated into Japanese!
How to Win
- Post a 60 word (or more) review of Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1
- Yes, it MUST be Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1.
- Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, Librarything, Shelfari, personal blog, where ever you want (a tweeter warns that this may violate some TOS so choose with care)
- Why 60 words? Because when I reviewed professionally that was our standard.
- Write and post your review.
- Leave a comment bellow with the link to the review in it, your name, and a way to contact you.
- You have until November 19th to do this.
- Yes, you can enter multiple reviews.
- Yes, you can repost the same review to different venues and enter multiple times.
- But you need to please LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH REVIEW.
- 6 winners will be random number generated and ranked.
- First winner gets the goodie box.
- Following 5 get signed manga Vol. 1.
- I will announce the 6 winners by name/handle on November 19.
- You will have 7 days to get back to me with your address via the calling card feature on my website.
- I will pop them in the mail to you. Ta da!
This contest is open to anyone, anywhere, any address but be warned some parts of the world will not be happy with the box of goodies, if you live in a difficult mail area and get first prize, please opt for the signed book instead?
You will not be judged on the quality or strength of your review(s). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date Fall 2013. Writing rough draft. The elephant has exploded. Climatic battle sequence ahead.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Copy edits incoming.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013. Working promo schemes to begin September.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Reviewing chapter by chapter, each drops on YenPlus by subscription. Print release tentatively Dec. 2012.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, Vol. available in print, Vol. 2 by subscription to YenPlus.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013
fan art by cosmashivah
Quote of the Day:
"Name the characteristic traits of the ancient Scotch Highlanders.
Fidelity, hospitality, and great family pride.
What were their dress and character?
They wore a plaid made of woollen stuff, or tartan, which either hung down from their shoulders, or was fastened with a belt; from this belt hung their sword, dagger, knives, and pistol; a large leathern purse hanging before, adorned with silver, was always a part of the chieftain’s dress: their patience was unwearied, their courage undaunted, and their honour unsullied."
~ Mangnall's Questions, 1830 (spelling uncorrected)
My darlings please recall, this is my blog and I am goddess of this little corner of the interwebs. You are always welcome to comment, as I am to delete said comments. As my dear mum often murmurers: if you haven't anything nice to say then please don't stay anything at all. Also: Thou shalt not commit Logical Fallacies.