E&E ARC Contest the Second!
It had four legs—four very short legs—and a small, spiky tail. Steam emanated slightly from its underbelly, and smoke came out from under its leather earflaps. It looked a little like one of those sausage dogs the Germans were so fond of.
Sometime later . . .
Sophronia hesitated, and then—because everyone seemed to have forgotten him and he looked so forlorn—she scooped up the sausage dog mechanimal and hid him in her large pinafore pocket.
Sophronia names her new pet Bumbersnoot. And later introduces him to another new friend who has the following opinion . . .
“He’s quite the little beauty, isn’t he?”
Bumbersnoot had a long, sausage-like body, and while he was mostly bronze, it was clear he had some brass and iron parts, so that he was rather a patchwork. Fond of him though she was, “little beauty” was not a phrase Sophronia would have used to describe him.
“If you say so.”
Some inspiring Bumbersnoot images:
Once again Little Brown has recklessly offered up 20 ARCs of Etiquette & Espionage and given the above description, here's the contest . . .
Art for ARCs!
- 1 entry per person
- Open to those in the continental US, no PO Boxes
- 20 winners chosen by random number
- You must leave a email address with your entry
- I will pass along your email to Little Brown, they will contact you for your mail address
Here's what to do to win . . .
- Given the information above, please create a piece of art based on Bumbersnoot. It can be anything from a polyvore collage to an outfit to a sketch to a photo of your own dog (or a friend's) dressed as Bumbersnoot. But it does have to be original.
- Post your art, or a photo of it, in an easily assessable online venue (blog, tumbler, FB, whatever). If on Facebook, I'd love it if you tagged me.
- Put a link to the image in the comments section bellow (either my Live Journal or Blogspot blog only). I am sorry, I can't enable anonymous posting, I get over 20 spams a day. Goodreads, Amazon, Facebook and other comment-challenging arenas are not allowed. <--------- READ THIS PART
- You MUST include an email. If you forget and have to re-comment, then please delete your first comment and include both entry and email in a new one.
- One entry per person, please.
- You have until Sunday Dec. 16th. Winners will be chosen Monday Dec. 17 in the AM, and notified by Little Brown. Please check your Spam filters.
- Have fun!
I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know it's a limited time frame but remember this one is a challenge and with fewer entries you'll have a better chance at winning.
This will be my last Etiquette & Espionage ARC give away.
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Paris Place du Louvres June 4 1906
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Dog Coat 1920 The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Excessive Detail Can Kill Your Story
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date Fall 2013. Working first draft.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Copy edits done and in!
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, Vol. available in print, Vol. 2 by subscription to YenPlus.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013
My upcoming events and sightings for 2013 have been updated.
Quote of the Day:
"In regard to eatables, plain bread and butter should invariability be a standing dish. Many people do not care for cakes, and yet find a cup of tea or coffee better for something to eat with it."
~ Steel & Gardiner, 1888
My darlings please recall, this is my blog and I am goddess of this little corner of the interwebs. You are always welcome to comment, as I am to delete said comments. As my dear mum often murmurers: if you haven't anything nice to say then please don't stay anything at all. Also: Thou shalt not commit Logical Fallacies.