Holiday Fun: Books as Gifts Part 2 Changeless
Our example: the Parasol Protectorate books
1. Order signed from Borderlands (Definitely get your request in before Dec 15th, that's the last time I'll be able to get in to sign stock for them before the holidays.)
2. Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store
3. Fill with accompanying fun items, many of which might also be found at a thrift store
This basket is themed to Changeless and/or Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2 (the graphic novel adaptation of Changeless.)
Changeless Madame Lefoux Cross-Dressing and/or Scotland themed
- Alternative book option: All Men of Genius (Gail's interview with the author)
- For nesting: plaid tissue paper or plaid fabric scrap or silly plaid pants
- Great moustaches mug
- Fake mustaches or DIY your own
- Tiny top hat
- Mustache bandages
- Steampunk jewelry
- Steampunk gadget like this DIY Nerf mod
- Scottish breakfast tea
- Shortbread or homemade mustache cake or Scottish oatmeal with raisins scone mix
- Companion book: Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
From Simple Life magazine
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
15 Ways to Write Tight
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date Fall 2013. Working first draft.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Copy edits done and in!
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, Vol. available in print, Vol. 2 by subscription to YenPlus.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013
Still basking my the manga's #1 debut. Otherwise, kinda slow at the moment, busy working on Prudence 24/7.
Quote of the Day:
"A bagel is a doughnut with the sin removed."
~ George Rosenbaum
My darlings please recall, this is my blog and I am goddess of this little corner of the interwebs. You are always welcome to comment, as I am to delete said comments. As my dear mum often murmurers: if you haven't anything nice to say then please don't stay anything at all. Also: Thou shalt not commit Logical Fallacies.